You know you love a TV show if you’re upset when each episode ends. That’s how I feel every week after 24. And now, not just the end of an episode – the end of a series – the final chapter.
Jack Bauer will kick your butt. He always escapes and he never quits. He doesn’t do what he’s told – he does what’s right. In twenty-four hours Jack Bauer makes more tough decisions than most of us do in a lifetime. He’s the good guy and the bad guy. He’s reckless, he’s tough, he’s a rebel – and we all wish we were a little more like him.
Yeah, so I love 24, and I’m not alone. Millions of us have tuned-in twenty-four times a year to hear that unmistakable “tick-TICK, tick-TICK” which means it’s time for another episode. Jack Bauer is part of our culture. Ever see a list of Jack Bauer facts? If someone said “David Palmer”, “Tony Almeida”, or “CTU” – would you know exactly what they were talking about?
Now that the show is over I’m going to get DVD’s of each of the seasons. I will probably watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time. Ahhh – no commercials! With the release of Season 5, Fox Studios gave away a free t-shirt when you bought the DVD. I was lucky enough to make those shirts. What an honor to produce a project for my favorite TV show of all-time.
The shirt is exactly as it should be – Gunmetal gray, with a big “CTU” logo that only a fan would understand, printed distressed to look like you’ve had it since Jack first started beating bad guys. When I wear mine, I feel like I can make quick decisions, use a firearm, and probably escape if I had to. That’s a feeling that doesn’t stop when the show is over. They can end the series – they can’t kill Jack Bauer.
Classic Jack Quotes:
- “I have killed two people since midnight. I haven’t slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now.”
- “If I’d wanted to kill you, I’d have come in shooting!”
- “You can look the other way once, and it’s no big deal, except it makes it easier for you to compromise the next time.”
- “You either do as I say and you live, or you don’t and you die for nothing.”
- “The only reason you’re still conscious is because I don’t want to carry you.”
And from the man himself:
- “There are two things that Jack Bauer never does. Show mercy, and go to the bathroom.” Kiefer Sutherland