It is with great pleasure and utter shock that I announce 5,000 views of this blog (and no, that does not count my own visits). In the blog world that still makes me small potatoes (mmm, hashbrowns…), but that’s 5,000 more views than I had 4 months ago, and it’s an important-sounding number I can use to propel me forward.
I have learned a lot. You might not be aware of this, but the “Internet” watches everything you do, and provides some fascinating statistics. I know how many people read my blog every day. I know which pictures you click on. I know what links you follow. I know what website you were looking at before you came to my page and what site you’re leaving me for.
Based on those stats and other observations, here’s what I have learned about You:
- You love True Blood, Batman, Snoop, and College Football
- You spend a lot of time looking at your computer on Sunday morning
- A lot of you are “considering” starting your own blog
- You love watching videos, especially if they are not too long
Just a short time ago I was a guy that knew very little about social media and the technology that makes it all work. Here is what I’ve learned about Social Media:
- Sites like WordPress, Google, Facebook, and YouTube are incredibly powerful tools for spreading your message
- Technology is helpful, but people that are willing to show you how to use it are much more helpful
- Without a Social Media platform, you are becoming less and less relevant
- You don’t need to know everything to participate
This whole project has caused me to examine myself and give serious consideration to my thoughts and actions. Here’s what I’ve learned about myself:
- I can turn any situation into a positive by thinking about the lesson I’m learning
- I would rather try and fail than not try at all
- Teaching is one of the best ways to realize what you’ve learned
- I love having an excuse to wear t-shirts on Friday
So after achieving this mini-milestone, here is what you can expect as we move forward:
- Stories about some really interesting people I know
- Opportunities for your involvement
- A blog specifically about the Batman projects we have done
- Drink recipes (it is Friday after all)
Thank you to everyone for reading. Special thanks to those of you that have commented publicly or privately. I will continue to try and make sure it doesn’t suck.
Speaking of milestones, Happy Birthday to my mom – Sandy White. She turns 60 this week. We might live thousands of miles apart and not talk as often as we would like, but I think about her all the time. As a parent and as a professional, I always want to make my mom proud. I love you Mom!